Hayward Park's New Dimension: Two Stunning Designer Residences on One Lot!
Prepare to be amazed by this re-defined modern lifestyle, boasting two stunning designer residences on one lot! 126 Sixteenth Avenue ushers in a new dimension for Hayward Park, masterminding a luxury Accessory Dwelling Unit on the rear grounds. The possibilities of this lifestyle could not be more resonant, as the Covid era places more demands for work-at-home, sheltering parents, students, or business partners, all looking to thrive from a multi-dimensional compound setting.
The front home overflows with San Francisco-style architectural panache. Grand open rooms are framed by plaster walls, raised ceilings, and classic hardwood floors. Amenities include 2 bedrooms, 1 remodeled bathroom, plus office. Large room sizes bring symmetry and scale to your daily flow. In the living room, high barrel-vaulted ceilings, tall arched windows, and the original brick fireplace take a page from San Francisco's Marina District, benchmarking that legendary 1920s character.
Notable local architect Stan Panko infused the brand new 1-bedroom, 1-bath guesthouse with a soaring loft-like ambiance. Ceilings rise to nearly 15 feet, while the self-sufficient layout incorporates a marble-clad kitchen with island, media lounge, breakfast nook, showcase bathroom, full bedroom, laundry in unit, private courtyard, and even a mini orchard of apple, peach, and Pinkerton Avocado! The enormous adjacent garage has plenty of space for 1-car, plus motorcycle and extra storage. Emphasizing the stand-alone privacy of the ADU, the garage is privately accessed from the rear alley.
Once the 800-Acre Estate of Gold Rush Millionaire Alvinza Hayward, prestigious Hayward Park is one of the Peninsula's original upscale neighborhoods. Storybook streets overflow with magnificent architecture, while purveying lifestyle galore walkable to downtown and Caltrain.
At a Glance
- Total Footage (per paid vendor Floorplan Visuals): 2,035 sq. ft. = 1,430 sq. ft. 2-bed, 1-bath (plus office) main home; plus 605 sq. ft. 1-bedroom, 1-bath ADU. (not including oversized 1+car garage)
- This is the designer project everyone in Hayward Park has always talked about and dreamed....now come to life in perfect time for SIP lifestyle!
- 0.4 Miles (approx. 9 minute walk) to Hayward Park Caltrain Station
- 0.9 miles to Downtown San Mateo Shopping, abundant restaurants, bars, movie theater, and gyms.
- 1.4 miles to San Mateo Trader Joe's
- 2.0 miles to Whole Foods @ Park Place
Co-list with Slava P. Nelson 650-288-2814. Nelson Luxury Real Estate Group.